Welcome to the Pre-Law Advising and Training Office (PLATO) website where you will find helpful information to assist you in your pursuit of a career in law. PLATO offers a variety of resources, seminars, workshops, events and advising services to prepare students for the law school admissions process, their first year as a law school student and the academic rigors of law school.
Any FIU student interested in pursuing law school is encouraged to attend all of the appropriate pre-law seminars offered each semester. The seminars offer insights on course and major selection, internships and networking, resumé writing and resumé building, preparing for the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT), admissions, financial aid, and law school selection. We also have Workshops to help you perfect your law school resumé and personal statement. Individualized advising is ONLY available to students who have attended the seminars and have taken the LSAT.
We look forward to seeing you at the Pre-Law Workshops and Seminars!
What To Do Now
- Join the prelaw listserv by going to your My FIU Account. Log onto my.fiu.edu. Select "Academic Advising" Tile. Select "My Major" Tile. Select "Pre Law" under Pre Professional Interests drop-down bar then "Add."
- Like us on Facebook to learn about all Pre-Law happenings, tips, important dates, etc.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
- Register at www.LSAC.org.
- Attend Pre-Law Seminars & Workshops – dates and times found under the "Events" tab on this site.