- Broad Series Lectures
- Globalization, the "Crisis" of Capitalism, and the Obama Presidency
Globalization, the "Crisis" of Capitalism, and the Obama Presidency
|Venue:||Graham Center Ballrooms|
"African and African Diasporic Perspectives on Multiculturalism and Cosmopolitan Conviviality"
- Francis Abiola Irele, An Identity of Passions
- Amiri Baraka, Monopoly Capitalism and the Obama Presidency
- Kamiri Clarke, Blackness in an Age of Global Capitalism, Humanitarianism and "New" African Diasporic Formations
- Carlos Moore, Opening up Cuba to the Global Economy: Fostering Democracy or Re-Empowering Cuba’s Former Elite by Proxy?
Presented by: FIU African and African Diaspora Studies.